Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Air Force One



Location:
University Center 212
Seen Before: Yes
Rating: 1.0


I was looking forward to watching this as I'd only seen it once before upon its initial release and remember, to a degree, thinking it not that bad. Mere moments into this film, however, my illusion of accepting this as being one of the better big-budget Hollywood action flicks (like Die Hard, for example) was completely shattered. This film is so abominable and trite that it turned into the funniest movie I've seen in quite some time. My classmates and I laughed out loud and in unison as people were thoughtlessly maimed by director Wolfgang Petersen via Russian gunmen. The single, solitary star that this cinematic stain earned is due completely to Gary Oldman's portrayal of the evil leader--you can tell he had fun taking him over the top. Get together with a theater of people, pop in AFO, and watch the cheese drip from the screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home