Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room (2005)


Location: Home (DVD)
Seen Before: No
Rating: 4.5

This documentary kept me interested and wanting to know what would unfold next in the story, but the only problem I had was that so much of the terminology and what was being discussed was [sadly] over my head; more of a fault of mine than the filmmakers.

I am certainly aware of the disgusting greed and dealing of the business world, but this film puts a whole new spin on it. Really, it is enough to make you sick and not want to ever look at another dollar bill.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Dienstfrey said...

The book's worth reading if only to better understand all the business technical stuff -- I too was lost at times. But, I much prefer the movie if only to see the actual footage discussed in the book... especially that moment where Skilling portrays himself in the Enron video, or the recorded conversations of the traders. That stuff really is priceless.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Marco Roman said...

Yeah, I really liked this. I was thinking about checking out the book and/or just learning what some of these terms means so I can revisit the film.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home