Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fitzcarraldo (1982)


Location: Home
Seen Before: No
Rating: 4.0

While watching Burden of Dreams, I noticed that I never saw lights set up for the shoots. In fact, it seemed mostly to just be Herzog, the camera operator, and the actors. It seems pretty unthinkable that he wouldn't light this, but I guess he didn't. That, the locations, and the filmstock/equiptment used really add to the [unintentional] documentary look to this. I liked it; Herzog is a truely fascinating filmmaker.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric Dienstfrey said...

You probably know of these but also be sure to check out AGUIRRE: THE WRATH OF GOD and MY BEST FIEND.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Marco Roman said...

Do you listen to the podcast Filmspotting (formerly Cinecast)? They've been having a Herzog marathon and mentioned these two films. I plan on checking them out

10:55 AM  
Blogger Eric Dienstfrey said...

No, can I find it off iTunes?

We watched AGUIRRE in college, and my prof showed clips from MY BEST FIEND.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Marco Roman said...

yes, filmspotting is on itunes. i think they have an itunes link on their site, too--filmspotting.net

11:21 AM  
Blogger Eric Dienstfrey said...

found it... i see they had a whole kinski/herzog marathon.

thanks for letting me know about it.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home